About the Project
Founded in 1992, the PPP is a small non-profit organization in comparison to other international humanitarian organizations. What the PPP has accomplished in the past 18 years with funds collected from generous donors is anything but small. The PPP USA volunteer staff and Board of Directors are dedicated to making sound financial decisions to make sure all donations are wisely spent!
- The PPP is a Christian organization that reaches out humanitarianly to all the poor of Paraguay without regard to gender or religious denomination.
- More than 90% of all donations go directly to address the needs of the poor in Paraguay.
- There are no salaried positions in the PPP USA organization. All staff are volunteers who work from home based offices.
- The PPP has tax exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service as an organization described under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donors may deduct donations to PPP provided in section 170 of the Internal Code.
- The PPP maintains non profit status in Paraguay under Paraguayan law.
- The in-country office has 5 salaried Paraguayan professionals.
- The PPP is not politically active in the USA or Paraguay.
- Financial resources happens through outright donations, fundraisers and sponsor pledges.